Are you ready for the New Year? If so, you’ll want to ensure that your makeup is on point! Lexa Laurine, an experienced makeup artist and makeup lover, has tips for you on achieving the perfect look every time. Read on to learn about her top tips for the New Year.
1. Start with a Foundation That Corrects Common Problems. It may be because of your foundation if you’re having trouble getting your makeup to look smooth and flawless. Make sure to choose a foundation that corrects common problems like dark circles and dry skin.
2. Use Eye Shadows and Lipsticks Wisely Eye shadows and lip colours can make or break a basic makeup look. Too much colour and your makeup will start to look clownish; too little colour, and you won’t be able to create any depth or definition. Find the right balance for your face before applying these products.
3. Apply Your Makeup Correctly Remember the most important part of all foundation goes smoothly and evenly and covers all imperfections- without looking cakey or heavy. Follow these simple tips for applying makeup correctly every time:
What to expect in 2018
Looking forward to the New Year? Here are some tips from makeup artist and makeup lover Lexa Laurine for keeping your look fresh all year!
First, keep your skin healthy. This means avoiding harsh soaps, detergents and scented products. Instead, try using gentle cleansers and moisturizers specifically formulated for your skin type.
Next, be sure to wear sunscreen every day. Not only will this help protect your skin from sun damage, but also it will keep your makeup looking vibrant and healthy.
Finally, invest in a good foundation. A good foundation will give you natural-looking coverage that can last all day. And suppose you’re ever feeling oily or heavy-handed with your makeup application. In that case, blotting paper can come in handy to take the shine away temporarily without ruining everything you’ve worked so hard for!
Top makeup tips for beginners
If you’re a beginner looking to start creating your makeup looks, these top tips from makeup artist Lexa Laurine are perfect!
1. Start with neutral eyeshadows and blend them outwards until you’ve created the desired effect.
2. Use a light hand when applying foundation to avoid overdoing it or ending up with a muddy complexion. Start by blending a small amount onto your skin and build up from there if needed.
3. Use highlighters sparingly to create a natural look rather than overemphasizing any one area of your face.
4. To set your makeup, use a powder or blotting paper to absorb excess oil and sweat.
How to achieve the perfect glow
To achieve the perfect glow, Lexa Laurine recommends using a light foundation and highlighter for a natural look. “If you want something more disco ball, I like to use bronzer and blush together,” she says. “For an extra bright highlight, use a light-illuminating powder.” Regarding lip colour, Lexa recommends going with something sheer and light. “A nude or sheer gloss will give your lips the perfect amount of shine while looking natural,” she says.
How to prep your skin for makeup
As we begin a new year, there are plenty of things to look forward to starting fresh, making resolutions, and gearing up for the upcoming Summer season. But before anything can happen, one thing is key: putting your best face forward! If you’re preparing to take on the summer months with all their humidity and sunshine, here are some tips from makeup artist and makeup lover Lexa Laurine on how to prep your skin for makeup.
First and foremost, it’s important to moisturize your skin before applying makeup. Not only will this help keep your skin hydrated throughout the day, but it will also help make foundation and other makeup products apply smoother and look better. Second, Lexa recommends using a sunscreen every day during the summertime. Not only will this help protect your skin from those harmful UV rays, but it will also give you a nice glow! Last but not least, Lexa recommends using an SPF 50+ sunscreen daily when outside in the sun. Not only does this ensure good protection for your skin against the sun’s harmful rays, but it can also prevent premature ageing caused by overexposure to sunlight.
So there you have it! These are some top tips from Lexa Laurine on preparing your skin for makeup in the summer months. Try these before stepping out into bright sunlight or humid environments – you’ll be glad you did!
5 must-have makeup products for women of colour
If you’re a woman of colour, it’s important to have the right makeup products to help you look your best. Here are five must-have makeup products for women of colour:
1. Foundation: A good foundation is key for any woman, but it’s even more important for women of colour because our skin tones can differ. When choosing a foundation, remember that you need something that will cover your skin and give it a natural look. Some great foundations for women of colour include the Maybelline Fit Me! Foundation, the Kat Von D Lock-It foundation, and the Bare Minerals Born Again foundation.
2. concealer: Concealer is essential for anyone who wants to cover up blemishes or dark circles under their eyes. Foundation won’t cover them completely, but concealer will help make them less noticeable. Some great concealers for women of colour include the Maybelline Fit Me! Concealer, the Rimmel Stay Matte! Concealer, and the L’Oreal Paris Infallible concealer.
3. browse: It’s important to have eyebrows that match your hair colour and style so that your face looks unified instead of having multiple different colours going on at once. A good way to get perfect eyebrows every time is to use a Brow Wiz by Anastasia Beverly Hills; this tool helps you create precise brows in three easy steps.
4. lip gloss
The best ways to store and use makeup
When it comes to makeup, there are a lot of different ways to store and use it. Lexa Laurine, an experienced makeup artist and lover, shares her top tips for the New Year in this blog post.
1. Make sure your makeup is properly stored. Makeup should be stored in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight and heat. If you travel with your makeup, pack your products in a sturdy bag, so they don’t get damaged.
2. Use quick-drying layers when applying foundation or lipstick. Applying a moist layer will cause the product to splatter your face and give you that cakey look. Apply the first coat of foundation or lipstick, then wait 10-15 minutes until it dries completely before applying the next layer. This will help keep your makeup looking flawless all day long!
3. Use skin-friendly ingredients when creating your makeup tutorials or formulations. Many commercially available foundations contain harsh chemicals which can harm the skin over time. Using too many highlighters or contouring products can also lead to the overuse of skin-irritating ingredients like mineral oil and parabens. When formulating your makeup, go easy on the oils and stick to natural cosmetics whenever possible!
4. Remember to hydrate! Lack of hydration can make skin look dry and ageing quickly – especially around the eyes, where fine lines tend to show up more easily due to dehydration caused
5 easy steps to a professional makeup look
Starting the New Year off on the right foot is important, and what better way to do that than with a professional makeup look? Lexa Laurine, an accomplished makeup artist and makeup lover, shares her top tips for achieving a polished and put-together look in five easy steps.
1. Start with your foundation. A good starting point is to find a foundation that matches your skin tone and has enough coverage to cover any blemishes or imperfections. For extra coverage, use a concealer under your foundation if needed.
2. Next, add colour to your face with blush and highlighter. Use light colours for Summer or warmer months, or go for deeper tones in Fall or Winter. Be sure to blend these products well so they are manageable.
3. Next, apply eyeshadows in neutral shades (like light browns) around the lid and the lower lash line. Use a brush to define the creases of your eye and create depth of field using smoky shadows at the outer corner of your eyes. Apply a light dusting of powder over the entire eyelid for an extra sheen.
4. Finish your look by applying lip colour in shades that suit your complexion (like cool pinks or neutrals). Apply lipliner right before you start the application of lipstick to avoid creating any lines or wrinkles on the lips later on
Start the New Year with a Clean Slate
Hey everyone! It’s that time of year again – the New Year. As we all make resolutions and set goals for ourselves, it’s important to remember that starting the year off on a clean slate means no more excuses! Here are some tips from makeup artist and makeup lover Lexa Laurine to help you get started:
1. Start by cleaning your makeup brushes. This easy task will help you clean your face and remove any debris or makeup that may have built up over the course of the year. Fill a sink with warm water and soap, then place your brushes into the water, so they are submerged. Swish your brushes around in the water for a few minutes, then take them out and gently scrub them against one another with a bristled toothbrush until they’re squeaky clean. Finally, rinse them off in fresh water.
2. Avoid using harsh cleansers or scrubs on your skin. Many facial cleansers and scrubs are extremely harsh and can damage your skin if used too often or without sufficient caution. Instead, try using gentle foaming facial washes or toners to remove dirt, oils, and makeup residue from your face before using a more intensive cleansing product such as a clarifying agent or exfoliator.
3. Try using natural skin care products instead of harsh chemicals when cleaning your face. Natural ingredients like tea tree oil can be effective at cleaningseccles without irritating your skin;
Make Sure to Get Enough Sleep
Make sure to get enough sleep! This is something that you should be putting a priority on this year, no matter what your other commitments may be. If you’re not getting the amount of sleep you need, your skin will suffer. Here are some tips from Lexa Laurine, an experienced makeup artist and makeup lover, on how to make sure that you’re getting the sleep that you need:
1. Establish a regular bedtime and wake-up time. This will help you get into a routine and stick to it.
2. Make sure your bedroom is dark and comfortable. Enough light during the day can keep you awake, so try to avoid bright lights in your room at night.
3. Avoid watching television or working on the computer in bed. These activities can lead to distractions which will keep you from falling asleep.
4. Keep a cool environment in your room while sleeping; this will help reduce stress and allow for a better night’s sleep.
5. Drink plenty of water before bedtime; this will help flush out your system and make sleep more likely overall.
Eat Healthy and Fresh Foods
Lexa Laurine is a makeup artist and makeup lover who has worked in the industry for over 10 years. She has worked with some of Hollywood’s most prestigious clients, including Beyoncé, Lupita Nyong’o, and Gwyneth Paltrow. In this article, she shares her tips for the new year regarding eating healthy and fresh foods.
1) Make sure you’re getting enough fruits and vegetables. A good way to ensure you’re getting enough of these important nutrients is to eat a variety of them daily. Try to have at least five different fruits and vegetables each day.
2) Cut down on processed foods. Processed foods are unhealthy and tend to be high in sugar, salt, and calories. Avoid processed food as much as possible and stick to foods made from whole ingredients.
3) Avoid eating too many sugary drinks. Sodas are particularly bad for your health because they contain high sugar levels and calories. If you can’t resist a soda now and then, try to limit yourself to one per day rather than multiple glasses throughout the day.
4) Pay attention to portion sizes. Overeating is very easy if you don’t pay attention to how much you eat. Try to eat only half of your plate filled with food. Instead, focus on smaller portions that will still provide you with the nutrients your body needs.
Be Mindful of Your Environment
1. Take a moment to yourself every day to practice mindfulness. This can be as simple as taking a few deep breaths, focusing on your thoughts and feeling your body, or simply acknowledging what is happening around you.
2. Be mindful of your surroundings when you’re out and about. Notice the colours, the textures, the sounds…everything! This will help you to relax and enjoy your day more.
3. Be gentle when applying makeup – don’t tug at your skin! Apply foundation and concealer in a light layer, avoiding harsh lines or angles. And lastly, always use sunscreen – it’s essential for staying healthy throughout the year!
Take Care of Your Mind and Body
Lexa Laurine, a makeup artist and makeup lover, offers her top tips for the New Year. Here are some of her suggestions:
1. Relax your mind and body: A stressed mind won’t let you look your best, and a frazzled body doesn’t make for pretty skin. Reduce stress in your life by finding ways to relax, whether taking a yoga class, reading a book, or listening to music. And if you can’t do any of those things, at least take time each day to relax with a bath or massage.
2. Eat nutritiously: Eating nutrient-rich foods is one of the biggest contributors to looking good. This means filling up on fruits and vegetables, lean proteins, and whole grains. Not only will this make you look better, but it can also help keep your body healthy and free from disease.
3. Drink plenty of water: It sounds simple enough, but many people must remember to drink enough water daily. Not only does drinking water help keep your skin hydrated, but it can also help flush out toxins from your system and promote weight loss. Try to drink around eight glasses per day!
4. Use sunscreen daily: Not only will using sunscreen helps protect your skin from sun damage, but it can also prevent wrinkles and other cosmetic problems down the road. Make sure to use an SPF that is appropriate for your skin
Stay Positive and Motivated
If you’re looking for ways to start the new year off on the best possible foot, there are plenty of tips to help. But if you feel down, it’s important to remember that positivity and motivation can help you get through any tough situation. Here are some tips from makeup artist and makeup lover Lexa Laurine on how to stay positive and motivated in 2018:
1. Start by setting realistic goals. Try to accomplish only a few things simultaneously, or you’ll feel overwhelmed and discouraged. Instead, list specific goals you want to achieve in the upcoming year and work backwards from there.
2. Be patient with yourself. If something takes longer than expected, don’t beat yourself up. The knowledge that sometimes things take longer than we want them to, but don’t give up on your goal entirely just because one obstacle has popped up.
3. Take time for yourself every day. Even if your schedule is hectic, make sure to take at least 30 minutes every day to do what you enjoy (whether reading a book, going for a walk, or spending time with friends). This will help your mindset stay positive and motivated throughout the entire year!
4. Be grateful for the good times even when things aren’t going as planned. It can be really easy to forget about all the good things happening in our lives – especially when things are going bad overall – so
Hello friends! As we move into the New Year, here are some tips to help you achieve your makeup goals for this year. Whether you are a beginner or an experienced makeup artist, these tips will be helpful for you.
1) Keep your eyeshadows and eyeliner simple and neutral. This way, they can work together as a cohesive unit instead of competing against each other.
2) Use one base colour throughout your look instead of multiple colours that clash. This will keep everything looking cohesive and polished.
3) Be sure to use light brushes when applying eye shadow and blush so that they don’t appear too heavy or cakey on your face.
4) Apply highlighters sparingly so that they don’t overwhelm your features; opt for champagne-coloured shades if you want a natural look instead of bronzers or shimmery products that can make skin appear oily or shiny.
5) Finally, use lip glosses as an accent rather than as the centrepiece of your look–this will help preserve the integrity of your lipstick and give it a more lasting effect.
Thanks for reading! I hope these tips help you achieve beautiful makeup looks this year!